THE PRINCIPLES OF GOOD GOVERNANCE AND REGIONAL DEVELOPMENT
Be Engaged, Take Action! BETA! is an international Erasmus+ Blended Intensive Programme project: THE PRINCIPLES OF GOOD GOVERNANCE AND REGIONAL DEVELOPMENT, a blended mobility aimed at providing a rare opportunity for students and faculty to foster the development of international and interdisciplinary learning and teaching. The goal is to ensure both virtual and in-person research-based and challenge-based approaches in teaching and learning so that students can be engaged and prepare to take action finding solutions to societal challenges. Be Engaged, Take Action! BETA!
NOMINATION DEADLINE: 30 NOVEMBER 2022
NOMINATION DEADLINE: 11 JANUARY 2023
WHO IS BETA! FOR?
- Both undergraduate and postgraduate students who want to get ready for their international study abroad.
- Both undergraduate and postgraduate students who are enthusiastic about learning about other cultures.
- Students who want to acquire new skills to be better positioned in our increasingly globalised society.
- Students with keen interest in acquiring practical skills in the development processes of their regions.
- Good governance for a better society.
- Welfare matters – reducing inequality, satisfying the society.
- Importance of stakeholders’ cooperation in enhancing regional (sustainable) economic development.
- Territorial cooperation and support of regional and local development.
- Creative thinking in solving regional development issues.
- Making collaborative solutions a public administration tool.
HOW DOES BETA! WORK?
- 5 days face-to-face and online interaction between instructors and participants.
- 4 hours classroom work and teamwork on the University of Pardubice campus solving tasks.
- Online sessions working with the creative thinking tools.
- Practical teamwork, role-playing and problem solving.
- Virtual session of at least two hours for reflection on the tasks.
- Participants will be acquainted with:
- Modern /innovative tools in fostering economic resilience.
- Good governance principles.
- International and cultural experiences and connections.
- Building confidence and creativity.
- Teamwork skills.
WHAT WILL STUDENTS RECEIVE?
- 3 ECTS credits after the mobility, 6 ECTS in the case of Italy.
- The opportunity to explore the beautiful Czech Republic.
- The chance to meet and engage with new students.
- A planned tour of interesting places in the Czech Republic.
- 70 euros a day from your institution’s Erasmus grant for the mobility to University of Pardubice.
WHEN WILL IT TAKE PLACE?
- Face-to-face sessions will happen 20–24 February 2023 in Pardubice.
- Online sessions two times per week for three weeks after the mobility, 27 February–17 March 2023.
- Do students need to pay any fees? No. Students will not be required to pay fees to enrol.
- How can I apply? Students can apply by completing the application form on the website fes.upce.cz/en and students have to submit the applications for Erasmus+ mobility at their home university.
- Where will I find accommodation in Pardubice? The dormitories are right in the middle of campus! Further information is on the university website.